- Businesses, museums and other attractions in the French capital had shuttered on Saturday in anticipation of the violent new clashes during the critical Christmas shopping season.
- French Interior Minister Christophe Castaner said 125,000 demonstrators had taken to the streets across the country, including 10,000 in Paris.
- Paris and other French cities including Bordeaux, Lyon and Toulouse saw significant clashes between protesters and police.
- About 120 protesters and 20 law enforcement officials were injured nationwide, the interior minister said.
- Nearly 1,400 people were arrested.French PM Edouard Philippe called for dialogue and said President Emmanuel Macron would soon be proposing measures to “nourish” that dialogue and rebuild national unity.
La Poule au Pot is a looker. It’s wonderful to walk in and witness the vintage wallpaper, the globe lighting, and the silver-plated serving chariot wheeling between Pepto-Bismol colored tables. It is at once a little elegant and also a touch cheesy. One can almost picture the 80s pop stars who used to slouch into these red banquettes, the mirrored pillars reflecting their manliner and sprayed hair.
Read full review at PARIS BY MOUTH: La Poule au Pot – Paris by Mouth
Here is our short list of 35 favorite restaurants, based on anonymous and repeat visits. For the record, we never accept press invitations and we always pay [ . . . ]